About Me

I am currently attending Morgan University, where I plan to receive a MBA in Business Administration with a focus in Accounting. I plan on seeking a career in the Government Sector after I graduate.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

DirecTV, DISH Ask U.S. Lawmakers For Rural Incentives

Today Congress is debating renewal of a law that gives Dish Network and Direct TV right to carry and retransmit broadcast television programming. The law is also requiring that this satellite television companies expand their services to all 210 market areas nationwide. Now, rural residents in about 30 of those markets cannot receive local news and weather programming via satellite subscriptions.
I now a lot of people that love to have satellite television in their homes but the fact that you cannot get local news channels is what holding them back. The satellite companies’ argument is that they are willing to provide that local programming if it gets help to pay for technical fixes needed for retransmission. I hope they work out a deal so this can happen because Comcast is ripping people off.

http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSTRE51N5YE20090224

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers