About Me

I am currently attending Morgan University, where I plan to receive a MBA in Business Administration with a focus in Accounting. I plan on seeking a career in the Government Sector after I graduate.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

iPhone: The Latest Control Device for the Digital Home

During a Denver expo in September, many entertainment system developers introduced the IPhone or Apple’s ipod Touch as the newest interfaces for their systems control. With many new home buyers entering the market this new technology may be the thing that makes them want one home over another. Most of these systems connect with automation systems via third party application that can be accessed at Apple ITunes App Store and download to their phones.
Many of the new iPhone interface developers charge for this software. One developer called Savant Systems’ announced Mac native app will cost $199 through the iTunes Store and can run on either an iPhone or the iPod Touch to offer two way control of any home system connected to one of Savants ROSIE automation systems. System developers like AMX and Crestron, plan to offer their software at no charge to users of their systems.

http://www.digitalhomeonline.com/industry-news.asp?sectionID=1140&articleID=791788&artnum=3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers